Monday, July 2, 2012

Garden Survives Storm!

The garden beat Friday's storm like a true champion!  Since Parklawn was closed today due to lack of power, the PAC children were unable to water the plants.  I went to check in on my leafy green friends.  I was relieved when each and every flower and veggie reported for role call.  I relocated a bean pole to hold up a collapsed tomato cage.  A discarded stake became a crutch to support a tall, carnation-like marigold.  One of the bird feeder poles has been re-made into a prop for one glorious sunflower.  Special thanks to the gardeners who managed to water over the weekend.  I know you must have had your hands full with many storm-aftermath chores.  There are many ripe strawberries, beans, and squash in the garden...so come harvest.  There is also a ton of basil.  Come and get it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment